Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-10-23 travel-and-tourism 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Melbourne based Travel business is looking for a General Manager for Australia and New Zealand. The company offers tailor-made holiday packages to accommodate for the most bespoke requests for a wide variety of customers across Australia. The business operates through a B2B/C model, working with a wide variety of large and independent travel agents. The successful candidate will have experience across Operations, Finance, Strategy and Commercial Development, ideally in Travel.
About the Role
The General Manager will lead the business in Australia and New Zealand in conjunction with the Board. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving commercial success through the development of a strategic plan.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading, managing and implementing the long and short-term plans in accordance with the overall strategic plan
- Ensure the business is appropriately staffed and develop a culture of commercial success
- Manage all budgets in accordance with the CFO
- Ascertain how the business is performing and ensure all risks are resolved in timely and suitable manner
- Identify trends to support growth
- Review company performance and implement strategic and operations changes to promote commercial success
- Ensure the business has the appropriate systems to enable commercial success
- Deliver agreed budgeted EBIT & Net Profit.
About the Candidate
This is a fantastic opportunity for Senior Leaders who are looking for a challenging but rewarding position within a business with huge potential.
The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record of dynamic leadership and commercial success, the candidate will also have:
- Strong negotiation, presentation and communications skills
- Solid understanding of the latest technology within the Tourism, Travel, Hospitality or Leisure sector
- Extensive experience in Marketing, Sales and Brand Management
- Evidence of strong Business Development ability
- Track record of leading sustainable, profitable growth
- Strong corporate governance and board management skills
- Strong financial literacy
- Excellent understanding of the B2B model within Travel and Tourism
About the Company
The business, based in South Melbourne has three major brands operating across Australia and New Zealand. The business is focused on providing their customers with a unique, bespoke holiday package, regardless of booking size or complexity.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.