Portfolio and Trading Strategy Advisor
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Anna Madill
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-07 utilities 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 CleanCo
Robert Walters are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders. CleanCo is shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector and this is an opportunity to align your experience in Energy Markets’ Portfolio and Trading Strategy with a growing organisation focused on customer needs. CleanCo will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
The Principal Advisor, Portfolio and Trading Strategy will play an important role in designing and developing the portfolio and trading strategy function, including models, reports, systems and processes. Reporting to the General Manager, Customer and Energy Markets you will be responsible for optimising, securing and increasing the value of CleanCo’s asset and portfolio of electricity, environmental products and gas through strategic management of the organisation’s products, current contracts and future opportunities. You will achieve these aims in accordance with product availability, price and risks and by ensuring the demand profile and portfolio mix of products are balanced.
- Extensive knowledge of the National Energy Market, specifically the electricity market, and energy market fundamentals
- Proven knowledge and skills in managing complex and interrelated energy portfolios and contracts
- Existing knowledge of market intelligence sources and key information providers and the ability to apply market intelligence, analytics and information
- Experience interpreting complex contractual arrangements and understanding obligations and risk
- Strong commercial and business acumen and confidence in communicating complex ideas effectively across a range of diverse stakeholders
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please apply.
To apply please click apply or call Anna Madill on +61 7 30322229 for a confidential discussion.