Executive Director System Performance
Salary plus superannuation
Consultant Michelle Christie
Job Ref 1704460/001
Date posted 21 June 2022adelaide general-mgt-consultancy/corporate-strategy 2022-06-23 2022-07-21 public-sector-and-housing Adelaide South Australia AU Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Department for Education (DfE) is committed to developing an education system where all children and young people reach their potential, enabled by world-class digital technology and systems. Additionally, DfE continuously implements a range of reforms and new initiatives to improve the educational opportunities for every South Australian child and to best meet the needs of the South Australian community.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Executive Director, System Performance holds the responsibilities of the department’s Chief Data Officer, overseeing a range of data-related functions including data strategy, governance, management, development and analysis with a particular focus on the effective use of data to improve learning and development outcomes.
The position is also responsible for data analytics, business intelligence, and performance reporting at the school and department level and is required to contribute to whole government projects and initiatives related to data and reporting. The Executive Director is also responsible for the effective design and delivery of significant programs of reform as delegated by the Chief Executive.
- Provide high capability in people and change leadership to foster a constructive performance culture aligned to the DfE values
- Drive corporate cultural change and recognise the value of performance measurement, reporting and accountability
- Effective use of data across the Department through high-level data analysis, monitoring and performance reporting
- Build and maintain high quality, collaborative working relationships within, and across the Department and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the Department has a robust project / program and data management framework to assist delivery of services and core functions
- Leadership of the transition of System Performance to a cloud-based data warehousing, analysis and reporting environment through the EdAnlaytics Project
- Provision of strategic guidance and the System Performance division’s contribution to the further development and implementation of school improvement model
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g., Education, Public Policy or Business Intelligence
- Proven successful experience at a senior executive level in major policy, program and project formation with demonstrated success as a strategic change agent in a large and complex organisation
- High order leadership and management skills with experience in leading teams and establishing a culture of performance, professionalism and continuous improvement to drive business excellence
- Outstanding communication skills coupled with highly developed people management skills that engender trust, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of the effective use of student assessment and child development outcome data for performance reporting, strategy development and impact evaluation and the system and program level
- Demonstrated record of achievements with the capacity to cope with complexity, uncertainty and resource constraints in a changing environment.
The Executive Director, System Performance will play a key role as a member of the Department’s Senior Executive Group and will significantly contribute to Statewide planning, initiatives and leadership. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about making a real difference in the lives of South Australian children and young people.