Commercial Manager - Landside Operations
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 8 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As an employer of choice, Adelaide Airport is the gateway to South Australia and is currently the fifth-largest domestic airport and sixth-largest international airport in Australia. With a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes, Adelaide Airport is committed to on-going developments within its existing assets and infrastructure and with the future expansion of a new Airport Business District.
To support their continued growth and success, Adelaide Airport seeks to engage a dynamic and customer experience centric Commercial Manager for a permanent full time opportunity. This is a newly created role and presents an exciting and rare opportunity in Adelaide to work closely with the Landside Operations Manager in optimising Adelaide Airport’s (AAL) return on investment within their Landside transport infrastructure.
In this position you will strive to proactively bring innovative and commercially viable ideas to the AAL team, and whilst seeking to advance commercial outcomes and ROI is a key function of this position, it is also as equally important to maintain a customer and user first attitude.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the commercial development of AAL’s Landside transport infrastructure;
- Support the Landside Operations team in identifying strategies to maximise revenue opportunities, streamline business processes and minimise operating costs;
- Negotiate, manage and administer agreements associated with the aforementioned Landside commercial activities;
- Actively pursue innovative solutions to improve business efficiency, including the identification of new commercially viable products or services;
- In partnership with other business units, develop and refine the short, medium and long term capital program associated with Landside transport infrastructure;
- Embed Customer Service in attitudes and actions;
- Contribute to a safe, healthy and discrimination free workplace;
- Comply with the WHS Responsibility Guidelines
Key requirements for this position will include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or a related discipline
- Several years of commercial experience in a parking or high volume commercial/operational business;
- Contract administration experience;
- Significant experience in managing a profit centre business;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing new products or services in a commercially competitive environment;
- Experience with the development, implementation and administration of automated systems. Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, negotiate and influence people at all levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- High level of customer service skills;
Overall, you will need to be a self-motivated, dynamic individual with the ability to work under pressure and manage a variety of stakeholders. With numerous demands and internal and external stakeholders, your professional behaviour and committed work ethic will demonstrate your ability to act with care and provide outstanding customer service.
This role is critical to the continued success in contributing to the Landside Operations portfolio of Adelaide Airport.
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.