General Manager - Australia
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 13 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The General Manager will be responsible for Australia, implementing the strategies and business objectives set out by the Asian Headquarters. The successful candidate will have experience leading teams/offices and will have a solid understanding of the logistics/delivery service industry. Our client is one of the largest logistic firms in the world with 300,000 staff and offices across Asia, Europe, USA and now, Australia.
About The Role
The General Manager will be responsible for all business activity in Australia. The business currently has one office in the country, the focus initially will be to implement structure and creation of a culture that aligns to local culture but also integrated with the companies APAC counterparts.
- Develop the business strategy for Australia in alignment with global strategic direction & plan.
- Build the functional team to support the business growth
- Keep up-to-date with all industry/market changes, customer expectations, competitive environment and regulatory requirements that govern the industry
- Build the Australian office culture, implementing the core business values whilst adapting to the culture of the country and its consumers.
- Lead the Australian office, ensuring all staff are engaged and optimised to the targets set.
About the Candidate
The successful candidate will need have a strong understanding of logistics, ideally delivery services for both B2B and B2C customers. The candidate will also need to have experience in a general manager, director level position with exposure to Asia based head offices.
Skills and Experience requirements
- Bachelor or above degree
- Minimum 8 years of general management experience with at least 5 years in the logistics industry
- Proven success in managing a P&L
- Managerial experience in a multi-culture company
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Lead and manage change, engaging employees and establishing process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evidence of success in driving new business and change
- Innovative and able to work under pressure and ambiguity
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good command of Chinese is a plus
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.