Airport Coordination Officer
Location Adelaide Airport
Consultant Peter O'Brien
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As an employer of choice, Adelaide Airport is the gateway to South Australia and is currently the fifth-largest domestic airport and sixth-largest international airport in Australia. With a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes, Adelaide Airport is committed to on-going developments with the future expansion of a new Airport Business District.
To support the continued growth and success, Adelaide Airport seeks to engage a self-motivated Airport Coordination Officer for this newly created permanent part-time opportunity.
This role presents an exciting and rare opportunity in Adelaide to work closely with the Assistant Terminal Operations Manager to effectively provide the best possible management and coordination of relevant airport operations to ensure outcomes are met.
Whilst reporting to the Assistant Terminal Operations Manager, you will be working within a concentrated team environment.
- Proactively monitor and coordinate terminal resources to ensure highest possible customer service is delivered
- Operate various technical operational systems to provide effective coordination throughout Adelaide & Parafield Airports
- Communicate with various airline teams to ensure the best possible solutions are achieved when allocating resources; such as boarding gates, parking bays & baggage claim
- Provide support to the Airport Duty Manager during significant incidents and emergencies
- Actively monitor and respond to radio communications
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Customer Service business unit
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers within all areas of the business
- Contribute to a safe, healthy and discrimination free workplace
- Must have previous experience working within a complex operational environment, which may include incident and emergency response
- Extensive experience working within a coordination and/or monitoring environment
- A proven ability to deliver incident reports; such as system failures and or accidents
- Previous experience working within an airport/aviation environment (desirable)
- Ability to work autonomously in a high-pressure environment
- Willingness to work irregular hours, particularly night shift
- A personable team player who enjoys a hands-on operational role
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual that is wanting to build their career within the aviation industry. The success of this role is dependent on your ability to constantly achieve a high standard of work, through continuous improvement and exceptional stakeholder engagement.
Applications close COB Tuesday 19th June
To apply please click apply or call Peter O'Brien on +61 8 8216 3555 or Ella Morgan on +61 8 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.