Executive Director - Office of the Deputy Director General
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 24 April 20192019-05-02 2019-05-24 public-sector-and-housing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
About the organisation Bringing Queenslanders closer together, this employer of choice promotes a single integrated transport network accessible to everyone. The Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) is dedicated to becoming the most responsive and respected service in the nation, delivering value for money, focused on achieving better outcomes for Queenslanders across the integration of all modes of transport.
As the Executive Director (Office of the Deputy Director-General) within DTMR’s Infrastructure Management and Delivery (IMD) division, this role will play an integral leadership role for the DTMR in shaping the vision of the organisation, to facilitate the delivery of effective and sustainable transport infrastructure and outcomes for Queensland. This business critical role will lead and manage the day to day operations of the Office of the Deputy Director-General, providing high level leadership and excellence in client service delivery. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on division outcomes, you will
• Lead a multi disciplined team responsible for the delivery of specialist project activities to ensure cost-effective service delivery;
• Lead and influence IMD strategic and business planning to drive the performance of the Division to shape its long term strategic direction, establish operational plans, manage resources and achieve performance objectives;
• Provide trusted high level strategic advice to the Deputy Director-General and members of the Division’s Leadership team to assist in making informed decisions regarding organisational compliance, governance and operational performance, whilst exercising the highest level of political acumen, sensitivity and understanding of government policy priorities;
• Manage relationships with cross boundary stakeholders including statutory authorities, industry and peak body organisations, unions and sector wide committees and boards;
• Lead, influence and collaborate on the implementation of IMD and corporate driven initiatives utilising innovative approaches to deliver enhanced outcomes and improved value for money solutions to achieve integrated outcomes and greater efficiencies;
• Contribute to the shaping of key corporate policies in the Department and identify and address key policy issues to ensure the division is positioned to meet departmental and government expectations in relation to corporate governance activities;
• Identify areas of risk across all business areas of the Division to ensure performance of functions, services, programs and projects are maximised; and
• Build a high performing and customer-focussed team, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
• Proven success as a leader in a large and complex organisation with ability to lead strategically with vision;
• Exposure to the public sector, with a strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service;
• Track record as an agent of change in challenging environments;
• Drives performance through results and accountability;
• Outstanding judgement;
• High-level integrity;
• Strong achievement orientation;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills; and
• Tertiary qualification in the fields of Public Policy, Marketing and/or Business Management highly regarded.
Applications close on Thursday 16th May 2019.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.