Principal Advisor Regulatory
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Hamish Winterbourn
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-08 2019-06-07 utilities 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Robert Walters are proud to partner with CleanCo, Queensland’s new, publicly-owned clean energy company leading our State’s transition to a clean energy future. CleanCo is at the forefront of clean and low emission energy generation. CleanCo will deliver reliable, clean energy solutions at a competitive price for Queenslanders. CleanCo is shaping the future of Queensland’s energy sector and this is an opportunity to align your experience in developing regulatory policy and compliance management within the energy market with a growing organisation focused on customer needs. CleanCo will facilitate a more dynamic and responsive energy market through a diverse mix of generation capacity and investment in renewable energy projects to deliver innovative energy solutions for their customers and increased market competition.
The Principle Advisor, Regulatory is responsible for ensuring that all purchasing and trading transactions of electricity, environmental products and gas, and all associated negotiations undertaken are compliant with legislative and regulatory obligations. This role will participate and drive the company’s advocacy and influence of the industry regulatory bodies and ensures CleanCo’s interests are represented in regulatory discussions and decisions.
• Formulate, implement and maintain the company’s regulatory policy and compliance management system as it relates to energy trading
• Continuously review and improve portfolio and trading risk function
• Represent at and participate in industry forums, conference and regulatory working groups
• Proactively advocate the company’s position and requirements with regulatory bodies and influence outcomes
• Build and maintain key relationships in external regulatory bodies, legislative and industry groups
• Collaborate with regulatory bodies to ensure currency of knowledge, and regulatory and market changes that impact the company’s regulatory compliance obligations
This is an opportunity to make a difference for Queensland consumers and contribute to a renewable future. If CleanCo’s goal to increase competition in the wholesale electricity market, lower electricity prices, and facilitate a reliable and affordable transition to increased renewable energy resonates with you, please click apply
To apply please click apply or call Hamish Winterbourn on +61 7 30322282 for a confidential discussion.