Director (Business Management Office)
Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 23 January 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
About the organisation The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is dedicated to becoming the most responsive and respected service in the nation, delivering value for money, focused on achieving better outcomes for Queenslanders across the integration of all modes of transport.
As the Director (Business Management Office), you will support the General Manager and the Leadership Team in the provision of high level business services to ensure effective leadership and management of the Program Delivery and Operations (PDO) branch. You will use your honed leadership skills to lead the provision of human resource management, financial management, customer and stakeholder management, business development and business improvement. This role reports to the General Manager (PDO) and has four direct Manager reports. As a key member of the PDO leadership team, you will
• Lead a team of professionals to ensure the delivery of strategies to achieve branch and departmental business needs, through innovation, continuous improvement and a strong client focus;
• Lead financial management activities, tactical planning and operational delivery of budgeting, reporting and financial planning activities for the branch;
• Lead the provision of a fit for purpose and best practice human resource service to support branch and departmental goals;
• Strategic oversight and leadership of the branch customer and stakeholder management function, including the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative strategies to achieve customer first outcomes;
• Lead the development and management of business improvement programs across PDO; and
• Provide advice to the PDO leadership team in the management of business services for the branch.
• Leads change with agility and adaptive leadership;
• Champions innovative ideas and solutions;
• Promotes group performance, with a results orientation;
• Cultivates productive working relationships with a broad stakeholder group, working collaboratively in a complex operating environment to achieve business outcomes; and
• Honed communication and interpersonal capabilities, including written, consultation and negotiation abilities.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.