Human Resources Manager - ANZ
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Elise-Marie Oger
Date posted 16 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Robert Walters is an award-winning and world-leading specialist professional recruitment consultancy. We specialise in permanent and contract recruitment across all industry sectors including Accounting, Finance, Banking, Technology, Legal, Support & Administration, Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Mining and Human Resources (HR).
As Human Resources Manager - ANZ you will be responsible for owning and driving the people agenda for the Australian and New Zealand businesses across 9 offices and over 300 employees. As well as responsibility for internal payroll, work health & safety and training. The role, Human Resources Manager - ANZ, has seven direct reports throughout the region, reporting directly into the Managing Director – ANZ.
- Lead and drive best practice HR activities and projects that will contribute to a high-performance culture throughout the ANZ business
- Consult, advise and provide advice to employees on all policy and procedures as well as provide generalist HR advice
- Ensure any grievances are managed as per HR processes and provide representation to governing bodies as required
- Identify and implement solutions to drive culture and employee engagement
- Support key stakeholders to understand their people strategies and support them to attract and retain top talent and facilitate annual performance management
- Conduct training such as effective communication, performance management, employee relations, new management orientation and other as required
- Liaise with key stakeholders to understand business needs for learning and development, effectively utilise the CRM database and other recruitment tools
- Partner at the senior level in a strategic and operational role
- Collaborate with the global HR team and stakeholders to achieve overall business goals
- Support the Work Health & Safety Advisor in driving safety and well-being
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of seven
- Demonstrated experience in a HR Generalist role at a senior business partner level and tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (desirable)
- Solid understanding of employment legislation, including knowledge of Modern Awards and key HR processes
- Able to build excellent relationships and influence senior stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and a commercial focus
- Ability to operate in an agile and fast-moving environment
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Prior experience managing and developing a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Common sense approach to Human Resources
- Previous experience within Recruitment or a Professional Services environment (desirable)
This role is a permanent position, located in a consultancy organisation in Melbourne CBD.
To apply please click apply or call Elise-Marie Oger on 03 8628 2105 for a confidential discussion.