Salary AUD65,000 - AUD70,000 per annum
Location Southern Sydney
Consultant Claire Hunt
Date posted 25 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A leading not-for-profit is looking for an experienced HR Officer on a 6 month maximum term contract with an immediate start date. This role is based in Rockdale. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join an organisation that genuinely aims to helps others.
Reporting to the Safety / Culture Manager, the HR Officer will be responsible for supporting the HR team and providing all round generalist HR services.
- Maintain accurate HR records for all staff including contact information for all employees.
- Complete all requirements under the fit and proper policy as confirmed by compliance, including annual reviews as required.
- Be involved with annual reviews for staff with respect to reminding line managers to complete the reviews.
- Complete all documentation collection for new staff members, including payroll documents, background checks, having line managers sign for PC’s, email address, phone number, mobile phones, cabcharge cards, credit cards or anything else that the employee will require from the company.
- Keep all Human Resources records confidential, physically locked, or password protected.
- Provide documentation in relation to annual leave outstanding (monthly) to finance.
- Maintain and update both the Human Resources contracts and Employee Handbook to meet all relevant legislations and to align to any internal CCB policies.
- Work with IT to review (annually) both the email and internet use policy within the Employee Handbook.
- Staff attendance record keeping and processing.
- Be involved with relationships such as external and internal audit, regulators etc.
- Complete other tasks that may be required and instructed by the Safety/ Culture Manager.
- 1- 2 years experience in HR
- Sound understanding of contemporary HR practice, and experience in interpreting and applying relevant legislation, regulations, policies and procedures across the employee lifecycle.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with clients at all levels and work effectively in a team environment.
- Positive attitude to delivering quality work for both staff and management.
- Have awareness of discretion and confidentiality.
To apply please click apply or call Claire Hunt on 02 8289 3194 for a confidential discussion.