Talent and Engagement Officer
Salary AUD80,000 - AUD95,000 per annum + super
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Claire Hunt
Date posted 27 August 2018 2018-08-272018-09-26 human-resources-and-personnel 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A leading not-for-profit organisation is looking for an experienced Talent & Engagement Officer. This is a newly created opportunity based in Sydney.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Talent & Engagement Officer will have an excellent ability to deliver strategy within employee attraction, engagement and retention, whilst bringing their own sense of personality to the role. It is essential that the Talent & Engagement Officer:
- Develops an understanding of the business, its objectives, strategies, challenges and operational arrangements
- Develops effective and cooperative relationships to support and enable a productive and positive work environment
- Maintains trust, confidence and appropriate confidentiality at all times and is an exemplar of the organisation’s values
- Work with the HR Manager to develop, drive, lead and execute our employee attraction, retention and engagement strategy across the business to help to retain a high performing, diverse workforce
- Design, deploy, and maintain an employee life-cycle program, including developing survey content, statistical reporting, and action planning
- Create tools and resources to enable managers to understand and use employee feedback data to identify key drivers of engagement and develop effective action plans aligned to the needs of the business.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
- Determine and provide coaching on selection criteria
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. advertising, social platforms and professional networks)
- Create a comprehensive and sustainable employee engagement strategy
- Develop, execute and maintain company induction program
- Conduct employee focus groups to complement the business's employee attraction, engagement and retention strategy
- Help managers determine links between engagement and outcomes such as; turnover, leave and grievances
- Collaborate with Learning and Development team to support the professional training and development of staff
- Other adhoc HR duties when required
- 2-3 years experience in HR and/or Recruitment
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- Strong listening skills, clarifies and probes for understanding
- Strong organisational skills
- Creative thinker who has the ability to continually look to improve
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
The successful candidate must be able to attend a series of group and individual based assessments taking place from 9am - 12:30pm on Thursday 30th August as part of the interview process.
To apply please click apply or call Claire Hunt on 02 8289 3194 for a confidential discussion.