HR Business Partner
Salary AUD100,000 - AUD115,000 per annum + super
Consultant Tom Randon
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-10-13 human-resources-and-personnel 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen for an HR Business Partner with experience in change management to guide a major and highly successful business who have recently entered a new, exciting business partnership. This is a 9-month maternity leave cover and reports directly to the Head of HR.
The role is with a multinational mass media and information firm, who are imminently closing a strategic partnership transaction. The role sits within the Financial & Risk part of the business and will be focused on engaging with key stakeholders to manage the transition of the business through this exciting period of change.
In this role you will be responsible for partnering closely with designated business units providing first class HR generalist support including coaching and guidance on company policies and procedures and advice on people-related activities i.e. organisational effectiveness programs, change management, disciplinary action, talent management, etc.
- Partner with senior managers to drive efficiency and employee engagement, increase productivity and retention to maximise organisational effectiveness
- Provide operational and strategic support throughout the business
- Organisational development and drive culture change, Coach managers through change management, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition and Talent Development Team
- Facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues, provide day to day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Assist the wider HR team with implementation of employee initiatives, manage and/or participate in HR related projects
- Facilitate and lead training with employees and managers
- Develop professional network both internally and externally and develops own profile to help identify best practices for the function (both commercially and for HR)
- Understand the drivers to company performance, the industry, the company value proposition and how the business retains competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Bachelor degree in HR or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a HR generalist capacity
- Strong knowledge of Australian employment relations framework and legislation and experience in practical application
- Prior experience in an HR BP role as a well-rounded generalist who has had exposure across the entire HR remit
- Hands-on, pragmatic, resilient and flexible with experience and knowledge navigating in a global business and operating under a matrix structures
- Previous experience in handling sensitive employee relations and dismissal situations
- Well organised and disciplined with regards to the application of HR policy, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of HR databases, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is essential
To apply please click apply or call Tom Randon on +61 2 82893243 for a confidential discussion.