A08 Manager Performance & Conduct
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 12 December 2018 2018-12-12public-sector-and-housing 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Delivering world-class education to Queensland students, the Department of Education (DOE) is committed to lifting educational performance. The department provides Queenslanders with the knowledge, skills and confidence to participate effectively in the community and economy. Due to internal movement, an opportunity for an A08 Manager exists within DOEs Performance and Conduct business unit.
- Lead the Performance and Conduct team to manage the provision of expert advise in relation to performance and conduct matters. You will foster the development of team members by providing leadership, guidance, coaching, ongoing assessment and feedback on performance;
- Provide strategic and operational advise to manage and drive reform in employee performance and conduct matters, ensuring appropriate processes are undertaken;
- Oversee and coordinate the management of performance and conduct in partnership with internal and cross boundary stakeholders to develop solutions;
- Ensure the provision of training, coaching and consultancy services on managing issues relating to discipline and unsatisfactory performance;
- Collaborate with managers across the organisation to develop an integrated approach to case management, ensuring a constant exchange of intelligence;
- Lead the interpretation, application and implementation of legislation and other regulatory provisions with regard to performance, conduct and disciplinary matters;
- Prepare complex reports, correspondence, briefing notes and submissions for senior and executive management, the Minister and other audiences on significant departmental issues; and
- Advocate the department’s position on disciplinary matters brought before tribunals including the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission.
- Advanced leadership and management skills with an ability to inform comprehensive policy advice regarding complex and sensitive performance and conduct matters;
- A tertiary level qualification in Industrial Relations or a related field will be well regarded;
- Experience in a similar level role (either A08 or A07 in level), with proven high level ability to prepare and present strategic advice at a senior level relating to sensitive performance and conduct matters;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills to support organisational capability and responsiveness, and contribute to innovative solutions to address performance and conduct issues;
- Can cultivate productive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, working collaboratively in a complex operating environment to achieve business outcomes;
- Ability to interpret and apply legislative and regulatory provisions to complex and sensitive circumstances to achieve corporate outcomes; and
- Superior communication, consultation and negotiation skills with high level ability to effectively network and influence.
DOE is a purpose lead organisation offering career opportunities, meaningful work, involvement in reform and a high performing team environment.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.