National WH&S Manager
Salary $120,000 - $150,000 Package
Consultant Tina Giannopoulos
Date posted 8 November 2016
This highly regarded Australian company with iconic brands who continues grow and expand their operations is seeking a dynamic National WH&S Manager to join their team. Reporting to the National HR Manager, you will play a pivotal role in guiding this organisation along its safety journey, developing and driving the WHS strategy ensuring alignment to the organisations business goals and values based environment. Working towards having a robust management system in place that complies with both the corporate and legislative requirements, your key to success will be providing the support and guidance to your direct reports to educate and coach, and guide the development of appropriate programmes and initiatives across the business group.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage, coach and develop a team of 15 WHS Coordinators nationally
- Manage the performance of the WHS team including performance management, KPI’s, appraisals and recruitment nationally.
- Leading the WHS team to identify and control WHS risk at our workplaces
- Design and develop WHS training programs to ensure effective implementation of their WHS management system for managers and employees
- Support senior managers in the development of training opportunities for their team.
- Conducting audits on major sites for WHS compliance
- Maintaining the Policies and Standards in the WHS System
- Investigating and reviewing major WHS incidents
- Responding to requests from regulatory authorities
- Liaising with legal advisers and representing company in legal proceedings as required
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- General adhoc duties
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous experience in similar role within manufacturing/mining/transport industries
- Proven experience leading and managing high performing large teams
- Previous experience in WHS legislation and relevant codes of practice
- Previous experience in property risk, including dealing with insurers
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a WHS management system
- Proven experience in driving strong WHS culture within an organisation
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Proven ability to deliver projects and meet tight deadlines
- Degree/tertiary qualifications WHS related discipline
- Qualified auditor with extensive auditing experience
This rare and exciting opportunity will see you play a critical role within an organisation that has achieved significant success on a national scale. If you are seeking to join a true Australian success story and add your mark to the continued success, then this is the role you have been waiting for. Apply now.
To apply please click apply or call Tina Giannopoulos on 02 8836 3614 for a confidential discussion.