Salary $90,000 + Super
Consultant Tina Giannopoulos
Date posted 27 November 2016
This high profile market leader within their field is seeking a dynamic Safety Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Group HR Manager, your primary focus to ensure a safe working environment for employees and stakeholders, developing and driving the WHSEQ strategies ensuring the organisations business objectives and values are met.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- First point of contact for all SHEQ related matters
- Investigating and reviewing major WHSEQ incidents
- Conducting audits on site for WHSEQ compliance
- Development of corrective action plans
- Implementation, auditing and review of the SH&E Management System
- Ensure procedures are aligned with corporate and legislative compliance guides and are updated as required
- Provide expert advice, lead the process improvement, risk mitigation, and root cause analysis programs
- Facilitate introduction of new products and cost saving initiatives.
- Communication and consultation with employees, including the preparation and delivery of toolbox talks
- Coordinate training for employees and maintain training records
- Ensure risk assessment information is incorporated into Work Instructions/Safe Operating Procedures
- Conduct safety meetings with key stakeholders and ensuring corrective actions and items discussed are properly investigated and controlled.
- Assisting with RTW and injured workers rehabilitation process, including investigations.
- Maintain and promote a safe working culture amongst personnel, encouraging awareness, accountability and responsibly
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous experience in similar role within high risk industries – manufacturing/construction /transport/Mining
- Previous experience in WHS legislation and relevant codes of practice
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a WHS management system
- Proven experience in driving strong WHS culture within an organisation
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and maintaining Safety Quality Environmental Management Systems ISO9001, 14001, 4801
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Proven ability to deliver projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem & influencing skills
- Degree/tertiary qualifications WHS related discipline
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile market leader who values its people.
To apply please click apply or call Tina Giannopoulos on 02 8836 3614 for a confidential discussion.