Manager Work Health and Safety
Salary Competitive salary
Location Western Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 17 February 2017
Seqwater was established in 2013 and has evolved into one of Australia’s largest water businesses, with the most geographically spread and diverse asset base of any capital city water authority. With a commitment to a ‘Safe for Life’ philosophy, creating a safe working environment for employees is a priority. An opportunity exists for a Manager Work Health and Safety to drive the development and improvement of Seqwater’s safety culture and program by leading a high performing health and safety team in the delivery of a customer focussed and proactive health and safety service to the organisation throughout south east Queensland.
- Lead and coach a high performing workplace health and safety team
- Develop and implement Seqwater’s workplace health and safety strategy which embeds a Safe for Life culture,
- Lead the continual improvement of Seqwater’s workplace health and safety systems, frameworks and reporting processes.
- Provide expert WH&S advice and support to the Executive and Senior Leadership Team
- Lead Seqwater’s employee health and wellbeing program
- A tertiary level qualification in workplace health and safety, with Lead Auditor certification and formal training in incident investigation,
- At least 5 years experience in a similar level role, developing and executing health and safety strategy, systems and behavioural change for an organisation,
- 10 years experience gained within the civil, infrastructure or electrical construction/maintenance sectors,
- Proven success leading a high performing health and safety team, and
- Honed interpersonal, communication and relationship skills, with ability to engage at all levels of the organisation in promoting safety behaviours and influencing positive cultural change.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.