Manager HSE Governance and Systems
Location Northern Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 26 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
About the Organisation An iconic Queensland business, this organisation represents the ultimate in innovation. Committed to inspiring best possible performance outcomes in its people, this organisation is committed to achieving a safe working environment.
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager HSE, you will lead the business on its transformational journey towards a high performing health, safety and environment (HSE) culture. Working as an integral member of the HSE leadership team, you will use your commercial acumen, honed interpersonal skills and technical expertise to ensure the HSE governance, standards, systems and framework is robust, strategically aligned, business oriented and embedded.
- Lead a cross-disciplinary team of HSE specialists;
- Lead and drive development of strategy, systems and activities to improve HSE performance, working closely with stakeholders within the business and across boundary;
- Develop strategies and implementation measures to enable compliance to Risk Management related procedures;
- Promote a risk-based HSE Management System; and
- Develop and implement the HSE reporting system to support management decision making and monitor HSE controls and solutions success;
- A tertiary level qualification in Workplace Health and Safety, with qualifications in HSE lead auditing and ICAM certification;
- Experience in a similar level role, developing and implementing HSE systems integral to the development and operation of large scale infrastructure assets;
- Demonstrated leadership of a HSE function in construction, heavy industry, mining or related sectors;
- Proven success delivering projects and operational objectives to manage and mitigate risks, using project management and change management methodology; and
- Shapes strategic thinking through honed influencing and change management skills.
Applications close Sunday 11th March at 11pm.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.