Senior WHS Manager
Consultant Ella Morgan
Date posted 22 November 2018 2018-11-222018-12-21 fmcg 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Thomas Foods International (TFI) is Australia’s largest 100% family-owned meat processor and operates three meat-processing plants in Australia, located at Murray Bridge and Lobethal in South Australia, and Tamworth in New South Wales. The group also has a wholesale and distribution business that services the needs of the domestic market. Other businesses within the TFI group of companies include Thomas Foods International China (TFIC), a 100% company-owned distribution business based in Shanghai; food retail label Thomas Farms; meat wholesaler Holco; ready-to-cook meal business Thomas Farms Kitchen; and sustainable seafood export business Thomas Cappo Seafoods, a collaboration with Cappo Seafood.
The purpose of the Senior WHS Manager is to effectively manage and maintain Thomas Foods International’s Self-Insured Registration and WHS Management System. In this role you will coach and mentor a National team of WHS employees by providing leadership, direction and strategic advice to ensure compliance to WHS legislation, regulations and standards are achieved to meet the organisations strategic objectives.
Reporting directly to the Group HR Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Coaching, leading and mentoring a national WHS team
- Providing advice, support and assistance to Executive Management, WHS staff and key internal/external stakeholders regarding the self-insured process, compliance and governance
- Leading the WHS Management System compliance to ensure it meets the principle requirements under AS4801 and WHS Injury Management performance standards
- Overseeing the development and implementation of a WHS Audit & Compliance Program to ensure the continuous improvement of the WHS Management System
- Contributing to the development and continuous improvement of WHS&IM strategies, plans policies and procedures in collaboration with the Executive team
- Actively monitor, review and audit quality standards and compliance to address quality issues or non-compliance
Key characteristics to be successful in this role:
- A higher education qualification in a related discipline
- Direct experience within a Self-Insured business environment
- Proven ability in the development, implementation, auditing and continuous improvement of WHS&IM systems
- Sophisticated interpersonal and influencing skills that enable effective partnering with key stakeholders
- Proven capability to proactively shape productive professional relationships both internal and external through multiple communication channels
- Highly skilled report writing skills across Executives and Committees
- Comprehensive knowledge of WHS&IM legislation, regulations, codes of practice and standards
Overall, you will need to be a self-motivated individual with the ability to build collaborative relationships with the Executive team and other managers across the various companies. Your professional behaviour and committed work ethic will demonstrate your ability to consistently achieve high standards of productivity with utmost integrity.
This role is vital to the continued success in contributing to a growing international organisation.
Applications close Tuesday 4th December 2018.
To apply please click apply or call Ella Morgan on 08 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.