Workplace Health & Safety Manager
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum + benefits
Location North SydneyCONTRACTOR
Consultant Claudia Lowe
Date posted 11 December 2018 2018-12-11human-resources-and-personnel 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
An exciting opportunity for a Workplace Health & Safety Manager to assist in the implementation of a workplace health and safety system. This 6-month role requires an immediate start.
The purpose of the role is to work with the H&S team and leaders to drive compliance and enable the effective delivery of the H&S plan and implementation of the HSMS.
- Implement key elements of WHS strategies and project related initiatives to enhance business success such as workplace change, mergers and acquisitions
- Identify risks and impacts as well as recommend actions to enable the resolution of complex business challenges
- Monitor, maintain, coordinate and apply principles of continuous improvement to BAU process including workplace inspections of VHA facilities and maintain records
- Providing advice relating to issues of health, safety and wellbeing to the business.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams to ensure health and safety risks to the business are addressed and managed in line with H&S policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the H&S Management system such that the system complies with relevant standards and health and safety legislation, and delivers ongoing improvement.
- Minimum of 6 years operational H&S experience applying risk management principles and developing H&S/injury management systems and administration, ideally in a large and/or complex organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in H&S or a related discipline
- Advanced understanding and practical application of H&S legislation and H&S best practice, balanced with the business needs
- Strong project co-ordination skills
- High relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Highly developed and proven written and verbal communication skills to deliver the best customer service
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- Flexible, proactive, self-motivating & able to work autonomously or as part of team
- WH&S audit experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience with managing end to end workers compensation management
This role will suit an experienced health and safety manager who is outcome driven. The role requires an immediate start on a 6-month temporary basis.