Manager Electrical Safety
Location Northern Suburbs BrisbaneFULL_TIME
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 18 February 2019 2019-02-182019-03-13 health-and-safety Brisbane Queensland AU AUD 175000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
About the Organisation Providing electricity to almost five million people, Powerlink Queensland is a government owned corporation that owns, develops and maintains Queensland’s high voltage electricity transmission network. This Queensland business plays a pivotal role in driving economic growth and enriching lifestyles, with a genuine focus on safety, community and customer.
The Manager Electrical Safety (ES) position will lead the business on its transformational journey towards a high performing electrical safety culture. Reporting to the General Manager Health, Safety & Environment, the position provides strategic and operational electricity safety advice to Powerlink and its customers, ensuring that electrical safety governance, standards, systems and framework is robust, strategically aligned, business oriented and embedded. You will
• Lead a team of electrical safety professionals, promoting a high performance culture;
• Lead and develop strategy, systems and activities to improve Powerlink’s electrical safety performance by working closely with the broader Health & Safety management team and senior managers across Powerlink;
• Lead the Electrical Safety team to develop and monitor an electrical safety management system and fit for purpose solutions; and
• Build and maintain strong industry level relationships with regulatory bodies and other industry members to positively influence electrical safety work practices and regulatory outcomes.
• Degree qualification in a relevant field, which may include electrical engineering or workplace health and safety with extensive experience in the application of electrical safety principles.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading Electrical Safety Development or Strategic change within high risk industry.
• Certificate IV or above in Work Health and Safety
• Certification in incident investigation practices (ICAM).
• Formal training and qualifications in WHS lead auditing.
• ISO14001; OHSAS18001 and or AS4801 Internal Auditor certification.
• Diploma level qualifications in Project Management or equivalent experience.
• Formal training in change management and/or business improvement methodologies (e.g. Prosci, Six Sigma).
• Experience system development and auditing to AS5577 and Electrical Safety Regulation.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.