Executive Director (Strategic Initiatives)
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 1 November 20192019-11-06 2019-12-01 public-sector-and-housing Brisbane CBD Queensland Adelaide Street, Brisbane AU 4000 AUD 190000 191000 191000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Bringing Queenslanders closer together, this employer of choice promotes a single integrated transport network accessible to everyone. The Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) is dedicated to becoming the most responsive and respected service in the nation, delivering value for money, focused on achieving better outcomes for Queenslanders across the integration of all modes of transport.
As the Executive Director (Strategic Initiatives) within DTMR’s Infrastructure Management and Delivery (IMD) division, this role will play an integral leadership role for the DTMR in shaping the vision of the organisation, to facilitate the delivery of effective and sustainable transport infrastructure and outcomes for Queensland. In this role, you will lead and manage the day to day operations of IMDs safety management system, promoting industrial harmony, improved governance and reduced risk exposure.
This role will
• Lead and influence IMD strategic and business planning to shape its long term strategic direction, establish operational plans and achieve performance objectives;
• Provide high-level advice to the Deputy Director-General and IMDs Leadership team to assist in making informed decisions regarding organisational compliance, workplace health and safety, industrial relations, governance and risk using political acumen, sensitivity and understanding of government policy priorities;
• Manage relationships and negotiate outcomes with key internal and external stakeholders, providing a key point of contact for the escalation of IMD workplace health and safety, industrial, governance and risk issues;
• Lead and influence on the implementation of IMD strategic initiatives to achieve integrated outcomes and greater efficiencies; and
• Build high performing and customer-focussed project teams characterised by team work, open discussion, strong morale and a focus on results.
• Proven success as a leader in a large and complex organisation with experience within the public sector;
• A strong background in strategy and policy implementation, service delivery and client service;
• Track record as an agent of change in challenging environments;
• Drives performance through results and accountability;
• Outstanding judgement;
• High-level integrity;
• Strong achievement orientation;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills; and
• Tertiary qualification in the fields of workplace health and safety or a related discipline highly regarded.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.