Director, Workforce Relations
Location Brisbane CBD
Consultant Mary Darke
Date posted 17 February 2017
Operating in a high change environment and dealing with complex employment matters, you will manage workforce relations and review services across the divisions and diverse geographies of the department. You will also play a lead role in the day to day management of high level negotiations including EBA’s.
Delivering world-class education to Queensland students, the Department of Education and Training (DET) is committed to lifting educational performance. The department provide Queenslanders with the knowledge, skills and confidence to participate effectively in the community and economy.
- Lead and coach a high performing workforce relations team,
- Lead high level enterprise bargaining negotiations and conciliation/arbitration proceedings in industrial tribunals, including the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission,
- Lead the provision of strategic workforce relations advice and options in response to sensitive emerging industrial relations issues,
- Implement a coordinated and integrated multi-team approach to workforce relations,
- Influence the provision of dispute resolution services to facilitate business outcomes in relation to disciplinary, performance and complaints, and
- Design and execute strategies to support the industrial relations climate for the organisation.
- A tertiary level qualification in Industrial Relations or a related field will be well regarded,
- Experience in a similar level role, with proven high level ability to prepare and present strategic advice at a senior level relating to sensitive industrial relations issues and lead advocacy in major conciliation and arbitration proceedings before industrial tribunals,
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with experience in providing high level written and oral advice on a range of complex industrial relations issues, negotiations and disputes,
- Proven success leading a high performing industrial relations team,
- Experience implementing a coordinated and integrated multi-team approach to the provision of workforce relations, and
- Superior communication, consultation and negotiation skills with high level ability to effectively network and influence.
To apply please click apply or call Mary Darke on 07 3032 2287 for a confidential discussion.