Location Perth CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 7 November 20192019-11-07 2019-12-07 it Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 800 900 900 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a global leader in mining and resources has an opportunity for an experienced data scientist to join the highly specialised team. This role will see the successful candidate working at the forefront of technology and data science practices.
Joining a small, highly specialized team of data scientists, ML engineers and data architects, you will be tasked with delivering proof of concept projects relating to the implementation of ML and other progressive tech in order to improve efficiencies across the business. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in some of the most advanced tech project work currently available.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and constructing predictive analytics business cases to then develop and deliver to internal stakeholders. There is an entrepreneurial aspect to this role, and the ideal candidate will be proactive and motivated when it comes to introducing new technologies and methods to the business in order to deliver value. This presents an opportunity to play an integral part in disrupting the technology space with a focus on machine learning, artificial intelligence and automation.
The work environment is fast paced and supportive, and you will be working alongside passionate like-minded individuals.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand business questions and objectives, aligning solutions to these.
- Create and present predictive analytics driven business cases to senior management.
- Develop state of the art advanced statistical and machine learning models.
- Deliver end-to-end data & analytics execution which is not limited to scoping, building, implementation, maintenance and optimisation of predictive models.
- Interpret analysis and modelling results in a business context and provide critical insights.
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience within data science and machine learning.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms, predictive analytics and data pipelines.
- Confidence programming in languages such as Python, MATLAB and R.
- Experience in Big Data and AWS environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to translate technical concepts into business value.
- Masters or PhD in a relevant field (Mathematics, Data Science or Computer Science).
This is a fantastic opportunity for any experienced data scientist with a passion for machine learning. CBD location and flexible working arrangements.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.