Consultant Marina Khan
Date posted 15 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Infrastructure Architect assists projects, Solution Architects and Technology Operations teams in developing infrastructure designs to support operations and project delivery.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Guide on the effective use of infrastructure technologies in order to achieve business outcomes in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and design principles.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business goals and support delivery outcomes
- Uphold the architectural governance principles and good implementation design for architectural deliverables
- Contribute to the effective management of risks and issues associated with infrastructure design
- Develop and contribute to Solution Architecture and detailed Design documents.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Operations technical staff in developing resilient, robust and cost effective infrastructure designs
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Team and suppliers to produce the Technical Design documentation to reflect the proposed solution installation and supporting services
- Enhance the Enterprise Architecture repository through the capture and documentation of existing and new infrastructure standards, reference architectures and design patterns
- Understand the processes, why they apply and where they should be modernised and streamlined
- Provide motivation and guidance to inspire technical resources and engineers, often pushing through tough issues to create a solution
- Provide technical leadership across multiple projects involving infrastructure, including coordination with internal staff and multiple external vendors
Essential Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of proven experience in Infrastructure Architecture, working on large-scale and technically challenging infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience across technologies related to servers, network, storage, virtualisation, system management, security and cloud (Azure and AWS preferred)
- Experience with orchestration and automation technologies and concepts
- Experience with developing migration strategies for re-platforming or re-mediating applications
- Extensive and proven experience with network, storage, databases platforms/operating systems, cloud and virtualisation initiatives
- Proven solution design experience across the Infrastructure Technology domain
- Ability to provide strong technical leadership and negotiate outcomes with technical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people from technical, business and senior managerial backgrounds, including the ability to translate technical information into business language
- Capability to provide thought and technical leadership
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective time management skills
- TOGAF certified or experience with Architecture frameworks
- Preferred technology experience:
- Dell / Cisco / IBM server and blade systems; EMC, Dell & Hitachi Storage systems, VMware and Data Core virtualisation technologies, Cisco & Palo Alto networking & firewalls
- Microsoft Azure & Amazon cloud platforms
To apply please click apply or call Marina Khan on 02 8289 3146 for a confidential discussion.