MS Business Intelligence Business Analyst
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Sara Burns
Date posted 4 October 2016
This exciting opportunity will allow you play a critical role on the successful delivery of reports and business intelligence in an end to end environment. The successful BI/BA will be committed to the analysis and reports of data using MS BI stacks. They will work within a successful and innovative environment to develop detailed requirements and create specifications to design and build the systems.
- Liaison with strategic stakeholders to identify the key drivers behind business intelligence needs, defining targets, relevant KPIs, Metrics and Dimensions.
- Liaison with end users and subject matter experts to identify, develop, document, validate and endorse the reporting and functional requirements of their unit to ensure successful delivery of end user reporting.
- Develop scenarios to support requirements verification, UAT and Training efforts.
- Liaison with business subject matter experts to develop and test the business and logic rules that are necessary to build business intelligence reports.
- Management of the reporting, business and development processes to assist end users prioritise their information requirements.
- Writing report specifications for report developers and support user acceptance testing and training, ensuring the reports meet the requirements and standards as agreed with end users.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with business units, technology teams and support teams to ensure cooperation between business and technology.
- Minimum of four years working as a BI business analyst working with data warehouse and/or business intelligence environments.
- You have experience in using an end-to-end process in defining and documenting business intelligence requirements (including data sources, metrics, dimensions) for a diverse end user community.
- Extensive experience in business analysis for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, with in-depth knowledge of the report development lifecycle, including developing business and counting rules and proven ability in writing technical report specifications.
- Proven track record in liaising with a diverse range of business stakeholders to gather reporting requirements.
- Documenting requirements using user scenarios, critical success factors, KPIs.
- Demonstrated experience with front-end BI tools as well as an understanding of data modelling and reporting tools e.g. SSAS, SSRS; Crystal Report; etc.
- Experience in facilitating user acceptance testing.
To apply please click apply or call Sara Burns on +61 2 8289 3105 for a confidential discussion.