Senior Business Analyst
Salary AUD120,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Consultant Philippa Willis
Date posted 7 May 20192019-05-07 2019-06-06 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
The role of Senior Business Analyst will represent the business and customer needs and ensure that business information is captured, analysed, maintained and traceable so the solutions they work on deliver the required business outcomes and are aligned with broader strategy and other in¬flight initiatives. In this capacity, the Senior Business Analyst seeks to understand and communicate the details of how the business operates today and how it will need to operate in the future so that the solutions delivered maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the business function and realise business strategy.
- Produce end to end business process maps for each organisational function looking for opportunities to standardise and improve process maturity to support business design and new business
- Document business, functional and non-functional business and system requirements
- Document the current state business function and process to the level that supports detailed business, system and change impact analysis
- Gather, analyse and interpret existing information sources and systems to inform business, technology and process improvement initiatives
- Apply knowledge of industry best practice to analyse detailed requirements and ensure the solution design meets the business need
- Produce cohesive and consistent detailed business solution designs in collaboration with the rest of the Projects Team to support delivery of strategic goals/initiatives
- Facilitate business and technology design workshops in an agile setting
- Establish and document business rules, acceptance criteria and other information to support detailed design to satisfies the business requirements.
- Produce well-written documents that explain business and technology problems, insights and solutions at different levels of detail so that they are suitable for different scenarios and types of reader
- Produce and collaboratively refine user stories, journey maps, wireframes/UI prototypes and other artefacts to define and communicate solutions that meet stated business need
- Confidently present to and influence business and technical stakeholders
- Collaborate with technical program teams to ensure solutions are cohesive, consistent and support the delivery of strategic goals/initiatives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a similar role with an emphasis on business delivery of large scale, corporate technology projects is a must
- Experience in the Financial Services industry considered highly advantageous
- Experience conducting business analysis within Agile project environment is essential
- Strong problem solving experience, attention to detail and the ability to conceptualise and drive solutions across a diverse range of business functions and processes
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to interpret and aggregate verbal stakeholder input, legacy documentation, BI data and existing software to articulate clear business objectives and requirements
- Confident and highly skilled in applying appropriate business analysis techniques (such as user stories, journey mapping, CMM, wire-framing/UI prototyping, etc.) to define and solve problems in a customer sales and service environment, in an agile setting
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional workshops with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from end-users to senior managers
To apply please click apply or call Philippa Willis on +61 7 3032 2288 for a confidential discussion.