Senior Business Analyst - Data
Salary AUD130,000 - AUD150,000 per annum
Location Melbourne CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Dylan Campbell
Date posted 8 May 20192019-05-13 2019-06-07 banking 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
The bank needs a Senior Business Analyst with a strong, demonstrated technical knowledge of data to join their team. This BA will be required to help lead the governance of data in the bank, transferring data from on-premise to cloud, being the technology translator and building the bridge to the business.
This role will be the translator and speak the language of Data Architects and Data Scientists, while understanding the associated risks and controls that relate to Data. While it is very data heavy and technical, you will need to build key relationships across the organisation and be a data governance advocate on the business side.
Expertise and understanding of data, data terminology and data structure both physically and logically is absolutely a key prerequisite for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor in a rapidly expanding area, building your knowledge and brand within the bank and forge your own path.
- Contribute to end to end strategy of Data Governance framework
- Be the translator for data archs, data scientists, data analysts to the business
- Ensure high quality collaboration across multiple systems and business units
- Drive high quality outcomes by producing articulate documentation that enables effective decision making
- Participate in change initiatives and implement new ways of working to support the changing technology environment
- Own approval processes of moving data from on-prem to cloud
- MUST be fluent in data language
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst in a large, complex environment
- 3+ years in specific data-centric projects/programs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management background with the ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders and teams
- Must have deep understanding and demonstrated experience in cloud and data projects
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to turn customer needs into detailed business requirements
To apply please click apply or call Dylan Campbell on +61 3 8628 2130 for a confidential discussion.