Business Intelligence Analyst
Consultant William Swan
Date posted 11 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Join a a highly reputable business with a global presence for a leading edge project in Newcastle. The project will allow you to further develop and highlight your skills in a fast paced work environment where a structured approach to problem solving is required. As the Business Intelligence / Reporting Analyst you will work closely with key stakeholders to support business intelligence solutions and activities whilst communicating the data patterns to consumers in an informative manner.
- Design and develop methods to deliver information to stakeholders, including simple data representation, inputs and integrations with applications and rich, interactive visualisations.
- Design and develop processes to extract, load and transform data between source systems and data structures.
- Design and develop data models to support the intuitive, business consumption of data.
- Articulate considerations of data sourcing, data loading, consolidation and reconciliation including consideration of requirements for data quality, data profiling, data lineage and data reconciliation.
- Plan, prepare and perform investigative interviewing to elicit stakeholder information needs, motivations and points of views.
- Create and maintain user guides to guide client interactions with solutions.
- 12-18+ months experience as a BI Analyst
- Experience in Tableau and Microsoft SQL Server/ SSIS experience is preferable
- Strong understanding of the technical best practices for data extraction, data transformation and data preparation and the ability to defend these positions to informed stakeholder group
- Demonstrated experience in BI solution design and delivery, preferably within retail environments
- Designing/ building/ configuring file loading capabilities where data was provided in various data formats
- Working within a structured development environment
- Baseline clearance is mandatory
To apply please click apply or call William Swan on +61 2 84231024 for a confidential discussion.