Senior Data Scientist
Salary AUD150,000 - AUD170,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Camille Vachon
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-02 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000
Excited to use massive amounts of data to develop ML and DL applications? Would you like to help top enterprises tackle their Cyber Security issues through AI? Would you like to work with a fun out-going team? Are you an experienced Data Scientist with at least 5 years of commercial experience? If you have answered yes to all of the questions above - look no longer, we have the perfect role for you!
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for researching, developing, deploying, delivering and supporting Cyber Advanced Analytics products and solutions for both internal business units and clients. They will have in-depth knowledge and excellent expertise across a wide variety of data science and analytics techniques to provide influence and leadership in adapting these skills in the realm of advanced security services including but not limited to the domain of cyber security.As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be wearing multiple hats as an Engineer, consultant, thought leader and researcher.
- Provide innovative and cutting-edge ideas including architectural design input into further developing advanced Cyber platforms
- Design, build, validate, deliver, integrate and present the advanced analytical capabilities using statistical, ML and DL on large volumes of data for internal and external customers.
- Contribute to conceptual, algorithmic and architectural design, documentation, experiment, prototype, development, testing and deployment of ML/DL solutions on big data platform.
- Translate and interpret customer requirements to analytics opportunity to build analytics product and, articulate and present back the proposed solutions to client in simplified format.
- Participate in consultation activities with customers around the world by running knowledge transfer sessions, requirement engineering workshops, POC and RFI as required.
- Participate in sales and pre-sales activities globally including sales meetings, POC, HLD, LLD and RFI to support account managers in the field of security analytics.
- Manage and lead security analytics projects including requirement engineering, solution design, Data analysis, POC and prototype for customers and internal business units.
- Participate in continuously evolving the top end thinking and operational capability at the intersection of Big Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics and Cyber Security.
- Participate in roadmap and strategy around data and analytics through market research, customers interaction, competitor evaluation and vendor assessment.
- Participate in design, practice and review of the best practice operation framework
Research and Development
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and latest applications in the fields of Advanced Data Analytics, ML, DL, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security and Intelligence platforms.
- Design and practice Innovation methods such as design thinking to explore new opportunities and build innovative and differentiative analytic capabilities.
- Partner and engage with research arms like the internal R&D centre, universities and research organizations and communities around the world to understand new trends in Data, Analytics and AI through attending and presenting in summits, conferences and workshops.
- Participate in research and development strategy and roadmap
We would love to hear from you if you are meeting mos criterias below:
- A PhD or Master Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge and industry experience (5+ years) of Machine Learning techniques and the ability to implement them in Big Data Platforms.
- Extensive knowledge and industry experience with ML development using: Scala, Python and R and libraries like Scikit-learn, SparkML, Caret and MLR.
- Adequate knowledge and industry experience with DL development using Tensorflow, Keras, MXNet, Theano, CNTK and Caffe 2 and potentially GPUs.
- Adequate knowledge and industry experience with working on Big Data platforms (i.e Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, Spark and Spark Streaming, AWS and Google Cloud stacks)
- Experience of working in a complex technical development and integration environment to build software that will be deployed into production environments with high-quality documentation.
- Experience of Linux system administration and Linux system troubleshooting is desirable.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization
- Track record of scientific and business publications and presentation is preferred.
To apply please click apply or call Camille Vachon on +61 2 82893158 for a confidential discussion.