Salary AUD90,000 - AUD160,000 per annum
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Camille Vachon
Date posted 4 December 2018 2018-12-042019-01-02 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
One of Sydney's market leader is growing their Data Science team and is looking for new talents to join their Sydney practice. You will be working with a wide client portfolio within a division focusing on all things data, AI and emerging technologies. As a data scientist, you will be working multiple stakeholders to design, develop and implement analytical solutions to address business challenges.
Many positions are open depending on skills and experience. The Data Science team will be working with multiple projects in different industries.
In a nutshell, this is what you will do:
- Analyse new and existing data sources to assess their applicability to address the business issue.
- Extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and subsequently cleanse, standardise, scale, bin, categorise, tokenise, stem and transforms it is order to get the data into a state suitable for further analysis.
- Determine whether a given problem can be usefully addressed with analytical techniques and, if so, what further information or data is required to make this possible.
- Use discovery tools to perform descriptive analytics to support business case development.
- Select and configure analytics toolsets considering the clients’ business issue and analytic maturity.
- Design, develop and implement optimisation algorithms and solutions in areas that might include asset and inventory management, communications, channels, risk and portfolio analysis and supply chain management.
- Design, develop and implement predictive analytical models for areas such as customer segmentation, market basket analysis, offer propensity, demand planning & forecasting, fraud detection, inventory management and risk exposure.
- Design, develop and implement the approach for productionising model scoring and the closed loop feedback paths required to support true test and learn.
- Apply visual analysis techniques and tool sets to extract patterns and meaning from data in a visual format.
- Translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits
Key requirements :
- A proven ability to extract knowledge, or insight, from structured and structure data.
- Excellent communications skills and a consultative approach with stakeholders.
- A passion for new technologies and staying up to date on the latest data science trends
- Work with an existing life cycle management framework to collect metadata, follow coding standards, use version control, complete documentation and write and execute unit tests.
- Determine the appropriate approach including data collection methods, sampling methods, sample sizes and data processing pipelines to formulate, execute and analyse a sound and reproducible experiment. Including the ability to recognise and construct a closed loop feedback system.
- Learn patterns and extract answers from data using algorithms that can build a model based on input data without being explicitly programmed to do so.
- Apply techniques of statistical inference to test hypotheses and derive estimates of population statistics from sample data.
- Appropriately communicate discovered information to consumers, clearly using visual variables shape, colour, hue, orientation, etc.
- Experience with a range of languages/tools/datastores that could include: R, SQL, SAS, Python, SPSS, Pig, Hive, Impala, RapidMiner, Salford Systems, Weka, KXEN, Matlab, Octave, Teradata, Aster, Oracle, Neo4J, Hadoop, Tableau, QlikView, Alteryn, Alphine Data Labs, Unica, SAS CI, SAS MO, Radar, MapInfo, PostGIS, Git.
To apply please click apply or call Camille Vachon on +61 2 82893158 for a confidential discussion.