BI Analyst - Power BI
Salary AUD580 - AUD780 per day
Location Sydney CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Camille Vachon
Date posted 1 February 2019 2019-02-012019-03-02 it Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 580 780 780 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
You will be working closely with the Data Manager and a BI analyst to build, deploy and maintain various BI platforms across the business. This role will be stakeholder facing as you will be interacting with various business units to understand their needs and act as an SME. You will based on site with a local government organisation offering a great work life balance, a motivated team and many opportunities once you have a foot in the door.
This is your chance to lead a BI transformation project with the largest part of the organisation counting 900 employees across 23 different teams. You will be responsible for helping the managers accessing the data to have a better visibility on their business by developing modern BI solutions
This is a 5 months initial contract but the likelyhood of extension in quite high considering the amount of work ahead.
- Design, develop and implement Power BI reports
- Improve the data integration and business intelligence capabilities to support business needs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practices for data platforms
- Provide help and training to various business units for the adoption of the MS business transformation solution
- Run Power BI workshops
- Meet with the stakeholders to understand the current BI solutions in place
- Adopt a consultative approach to build new BI solution fitting the stakeholders requirements
- The candidate must be able to demonstrated strong knowledge and experience with design, development and implementation of Power BI reports
- Experience of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Database design, development and modelling in SQL Server & data visualisation through Power BI M query and DAX
- Experience with Business Object/Crystal report designer is desirable
- Ability to handle technical & non-technical stakeholders & gather requirements
- Demonstrated experience in conducting workshops with business users and working effectively in a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
To apply please click apply or call Camille Vachon on +61 2 82893158 for a confidential discussion.