Consultant Philippa Willis
Date posted 6 February 2019 2019-02-062019-03-08 it Brisbane Queensland Brisbane AU 4000 AUD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This role is particularly special because it sits within our own business! Robert Walters is a global recruitment consultancy, we have a blue-chip client base, offices spanning five continents and a genuine commitment to doing the very best for our clients and candidates.
Reporting to the BI Manager (who is a top guy by the way!) as part of our global Technology & Transformation Department, you will be responsible for providing expertise across a broad range of IT Systems operating in the Robert Walters IT infrastructure.
- Install and maintain database instances (Oracle, Sybase, Redshift, Dynamics);
- Design, build, implement and maintain databases (Oracle, Sybase, Redshift, Dynamics);
- Provide Business Level through to Technical Level analytical expertise for data related aspects of IT projects;
- Design and Architect the company’s Data Lake solution;
- Design, build, implement and maintain data integration, ETL/ELT processes;
- Design, build, implement and maintain Data Migration processes;
- Design, build, implement and support programs and applications for database management, data management and user interaction with various data sources;
- Design and document the architectural components needed to transform raw transactional data in to a consistent and coherent dataset suitable for BI use. Ensure guidelines exist for integration, cleansing and data modelling including data warehouse structures (aggregation, federation, virtualisation);
- Understand the data components needed to meet business requirements including currency, quality, granularity, velocity and structure.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in Oracle 11g on Windows and Unix/Linux including performance and tuning, PL/SQL programming, data warehousing, advanced/standard replication and general SQL scripting
- Experience in ETL, Data Migration and Integration using a recognised Business Integration tool including the use of a programming language within a tool;
- Experience working with one of the major cloud platforms (Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure / Google Cloud);
- Experience designing and building Data Lakes.
- Experience with Sybase ASA on Windows including replication, procedural programming and general SQL scripting
- Experience in AWS data warehouse and ETL tools
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 5 or above
To apply please click apply or call Philippa Willis on +61 7 3032 2288 for a confidential discussion.