Big Data Engineer
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Steven Nguyen
Date posted 23 April 20192019-04-23 2019-05-23 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters
Big 4 bank looking for IT Big Data Engineer to join Trade Surveillance team in Sydney CBD. Role is to support, maintain and grow the trade surveillance systems.
- Data transformation into various databases
- 1st and 2nd level support to Trade Surveillance solution
- Support, maintain and growth of trade surveillance software
- Expanding automated deployment and build capability across the entire scope that will provide low latency FX pricing and trade execution
- Migrating, development and testing environments to Docker containers and cloud environments where appropriate
- Experience in Python development
- Knowledge of Spark, ideally in Pyspark, but experience in Scala Spark or Spark SQL highly regarded also
- Experience in Big Data Engineer
- Deep understanding of ETL and Big Data processing
- Ability to represent business insights and technical requirements
- Finance or Telco background preferred
- Ability to set up sensible logical structure to avoid spaghetti coding
The successful IT Big Data Engineer will have previous experience in Python and Spark as well as being able to speak to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
To apply please click apply or call Steven Nguyen on +61 2 82893124 for a confidential discussion.