Senior Data Scientist
Location Perth CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 5 June 20192019-06-05 2019-07-05 it Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This organisation boasts substantial growth within the Australian market, and as a result has expanded to international markets in recent times. This is a highly visible role internal to the business. Working closely with senior management you will drive the successful delivery of various data and analytics initiatives to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
The Senior Data Scientist will have the opportunity to work across a range of areas (both strategic and operational) in an initial team of two other individuals. The retail/financial organisation are focused on the credit management arm of the business, analysing, forecasting and predicting potential credit loss to the business. Data and analytics is a reasonably new practice for this organisation in terms of deep learning and data science, so the successful candidate will be responsible for timely deliverables around modelling and forecasting.
Due to the nature of this position and the high visibility within the organisation, you will have all the tools and resources at your disposal to succeed in this role. You will be working on various Greenfield projects within the business. There is currently a good structure in place regarding data quality and data governance, which is a very solid base to be working with and building upon.
- Enagage with internal stakeholders providing recommendations regarding provisioning and credit risk strategy.
- Management and build of current data models.
- Plan, execute and deliver new initiatives, reporting methods, insights and models.
- Refine current data governance controls and methodology regarding data inputs and assumptions to ensure compliance with business and legal requirements.
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience in data & analytics.
- Strong technical background in software engineering.
- Outstanding understanding of forecasting techniques and statistical modelling within the financial services industry.
- Relevant education qualifications (masters or PhD).
- Effective communication skills to be able to gain buy in from internal stakeholders.
- Must be a natural problem solver, be proactive, ambitious and team oriented.
This presents an outstanding opportunity for a data scientist to take the next jump in their career. This is a highly innovative organisation with a fantastic work culture. The state of the art offices are located within the CBD overlooking a beautiful view and the team are quite social hosting outings on the occasional Friday.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.