Salary AUD125,000 - AUD140,000 per annum + Super+Bonus
Location Macquarie ParkFULL_TIME
Consultant William Swan
Date posted 9 June 20192019-06-09 2019-07-09 it Macquarie Park New South Wales AU AUD 125000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Join a global company as a Data Engineer where you will ensure optimal data deliver architecture across a range of projects. In this position you will be supporting software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensue optimal data delivery architecture. You will play an integral role in the longer-term data strategy of the business. This is a full-time position, located in Macquarie Park. There is a lot of opportunity to grow and have a career at this business.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/ non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Ensure data is separated and secure across global boundaries through multiple data centres and AWS regions.
- Minimum 2 year's experience in a Data Engineering position
- Experience with data pipelines and data wrangling, with a passion for optimising data systems and establishing them from the ground up
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience building and optimising 'big data' pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, Java and R
- Experience with the whole MS BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI)
To apply please click apply or call William Swan on +61 2 84231024 for a confidential discussion.