Senior Data Analyst
Location Perth CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 9 July 20192019-07-09 2019-08-08 it Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 70 85 85 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Following on from a recent ramp up of work, our client has the requirement for an additional 3 contract resources to join a newly established team within the data analytics team. This is an extremely interesting project focused on working closely with stakeholders to deliver business recommendations in line with cost saving activities.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager and working alongside 3 other senior data analysts, these additional 3 resources will be responsible for extraction, cleaning and auditing of data to prepare for analysis. This will require experience maintaining reproducibility of results and utilising well - structured procedures. You will also be responsible for the quality analysis of data produced as well as proactively develop and implement solutions to counter any data quality issues.
The project work is engaging and will see you working on some very interesting areas of the business driving the implementation of different efficiency strategies to improve the overall business productivity.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the data analysis field.
- Excellent skills across data modelling and analysis.
- Experience working with ETL processes and data cleansing in preparation for accurate analysis.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques is beneficial but not essential.
- Translate business objectives into actionable analysis.
- Run ETL processes.
- Clean and audit data in preparation for analysis.
- Construct, maintain and automate data to support teams within the intelligence group.
- Interpret data and present data visualisations.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone in a senior data analysis role to take the next step in their career. You will be working with a large global oil & gas company on an initial 6 month contract engagement, however this will very likely extend well beyond this.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.