Senior Data Scientist
Salary AUD139,000 - AUD140,000 per annum + including super +bonus
Location North ShoreFULL_TIME
Consultant William Swan
Date posted 11 July 20192019-07-11 2019-08-10 it North Shore New South Wales AU AUD 139000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Join a large publicly traded organisation as a Senior Data Scientist. Here you will be sitting in the Asset Risk team and liaising with the business heavily, acting as a 2IC in the division. This is a permanent full-time position, located in Sydney's North Shore. It is essential that you have a financial service background.
- Model asset risk including the Residual Values for Operating Lease vehicles and Guaranteed Future Values for both new and used Retail Finance & Insurance vehicles.
- Assess and report on various aspects of asset risk including key risk indicators, stress testing, profit & loss, accuracy, model performance etc
- Contribute to the financial planning processes through modelling asset risk provisioning requirements, and support the Fleet and Retail Finance & Insurance businesses with budgeting and forecasting of asset risk profit and loss
- Support the effective management of asset risk through developing models and analysis of various aspects of asset risk.
- Research, design and apply a broad range of data science techniques, including traditional statistical, quantitative and machine learning algorithms and techniques.
- Mentor and guide other data scientists in the team
- A successful track record in Data Science
- Strong experience in statistical model building is essential
- Financial service background is essential
- Strong analytical skills, experience in business use of statistics is a pre-requisite as is strong working knowledge of either SAS, R or Python
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to articulate complex analytical information
To apply please click apply or call William Swan on +61 2 84231024 for a confidential discussion.