Location Perth CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 5 September 20192019-09-05 2019-10-05 it Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a prominent WA insurance brand is looking for a data scientist or senior data analyst to join the rapidly expanding team in order to bolster their growing data & analytics capability across the business. This is the largest data & analytics project to be undertaken by an organisation this year and would be a fantastic chance to gain highly visible experience here in Perth.
Initially working on the BAU side of the business, the successful candidate will be working across a 70/30 split between BAU reporting analytics to establish a solid foundation and predictive analytics to drive transformation. The overall long term goal of this project is to build the commercial analytics capability and implement various initiatives across the entire business. This will involve working across and presenting different proof of concept projects to senior management.
The current landscape is well equip to conceptualise numerous data initiatives as a result of positive buy in from all department heads. Going into a medium sized team, you will be working alongside business analysts, data specialists and data engineers to demonstrate the capability of predictive analytics for different departments.
The ideal candidate will be a team player and natural problem solver who welcomes challenges. You will be comfortable engaging with stakeholders from different technical backgrounds and be able to clearly articulate a story in order to convey technical concepts.
- Undertake delivery of predictive analytics user cases to be presented.
- Engage with stakeholders across the business.
- Improving the current reporting capabilities of the business and implementing formal process.
- Audit, clean and transform data from different sources.
- Identify trends within data analysis.
- Work closely as a team player.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working as either a senior data analyst OR data scientist.
- Completion of relevant degree within computer science OR completion of relevant PhD.
- Confidence using R and Python within statistical analysis and model generation.
- Passion for the data & analytics space.
- Strong communication skills, ability to understand stakeholder and business requirements.
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS desirable but not essential).
- Strong problem solving skills.
This is a very promising opportunity for someone to take the next step in their data science journey. You will have the opportunity to work with some great people in a supportive environment, with a likely probability for this initial 12 month fixed term contract to eventuate into permanent employment.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.