AWS Big Data Engineer
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 21 October 20192019-10-21 2019-11-20 utilities Perth Western Australia AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As one of the leading organisations in this specific utilities area, our client is investing heavily into the data and analytics space. This is a dynamic business which will see the successful candidate working across multiple disciplines and alongside data engineers, data scientists and product owners.
This is a fascinating and diverse analytics landscape which isn't limited to asset and plant planning, delivery and operations, environment, customer engagement, finance and strategy. As one of the more senior members on the team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, delivery and quality assurance of enterprise level data pipelines and products, big data, IoT devices and machine learning.
This is an opportunity to work with a large scale organisation alongside a passionate team to develop analytics assets and intelligent algorithms that will have the potential to fundamentally revolutionise how we operate in this industry. The successful candidate will be working with the latest and greatest technology available, using tools such as Machine Learning on AWS, Azure, Open Source AI, Python and IoT devices.
- Development, implementation and trouble - shooting production grade highly scalable distributed applications hosted in cloud environments.
- Collaborate with a range of both internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality data deliverables.
- Optimising data pipelines, automating processes where possible and planning for scalability.
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure and analytic tools to allow for efficient data extraction and transformation.
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure and analytics tools to allow for efficient data extraction, transformation and analysis.
- Degree in computer science and minimum of 4 years experience in commercial software development.
- Experience using Python in relation to big data, data analysis and machine learning libraries.
- Proven track record working with containers such as Kubernetes or Docker as well as big data frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Big Data engineering experience in AWS is essential.
This organisation is very well known for its data & analytics practice and is without a doubt one of the more interesting data centric projects currently being undertaken in Perth. Parking available on site and easily accessible by public transport.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.