Senior Data Engineer
Location Perth CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-27 financial-services Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This organisation boasts substantial growth within the Australian market, and as a result has expanded to international markets in recent times. This is a highly visible role internal to the business. Working closely with senior management and the data science team, you will drive the successful delivery of various data and analytics initiatives to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of business results.
The Senior Data Engineer will have the opportunity to work across a range of business areas (both strategic and operational) alongside a team of data scientists, analysts and developers to architect and implement analytics environments and data pipelines. You will be working on Greenfields projects and driving data centric initiatives within the business in order to derive insights.
This role is of paramount importance to the future direction of the data and analytics environment. The successful candidate will be the core decision maker regarding the data architecture, data engineering and future analytics direction. There are already formal data governance and internal processes in place to ensure high quality data is readily accessible.
- Establish relationships across the business to understand challenges and goals.
- Analyze current systems and tools in place to understand data quality and lineage.
- Building data pipelines, from data collection points through to analytic insights generated.
- Implementing data tools/products including Machine Learning.
- Advising on Data Governance and best practice.
- Minimum 4 years commercial experience in a Data Engineering role.
- Proven track record architecting enterprise level data environments and pipelines.
- Must be able to deliver data pipelines in C# (in line with the ETL library).
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other cloud technologies (AWS or Azure).
- Must be a natural problem solver, be proactive, ambitious and team oriented.
This presents an outstanding opportunity for a Data Engineer or Senior Data Engineer to take the next step in their career. This is a highly innovative organisation with a fantastic work culture and big things on the horizon. The recently renovated offices are located within the CBD and provide a gorgeous view.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.