Data Governance Advisor
Location Perth CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Ryan Faulds
Date posted 27 May 20192019-05-27 2019-06-26 education-and-training Perth CBD Western Australia AU AUD 50 70 70 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our client, a well known educational institution is currently offering an initial 8 month contract engagement for an information/data governance advisor. This role will see you working across various business areas focusing on the governance and standards of data.
Working alongside another advisor and a specialist, the ideal candidate will come from a successful background of working across data governance and information governance on an enterprise level. You will be working alongside a small, highly specialised team, looking at the current policies and standards in place and making recommendations in order to modernise these approaches to document and records management.
This opportunity will give you the chance to drive the governance practices put in place by this organisation, analysing the current governance approaches and practices, and advising in order to bring these processes in line with industry requirements. The successful candidate will be working across a variety of areas and departments, so exceptional communication skills are a must.
- Accurately produce data models and flows between different systems.
- Work closely with various departments to analyse current processes and suggest improvements to be implemented.
- Research and writing of governance controls, in particular data standards (records management, information sharing, handling and classification).
- Writing guidance and presentation materials for general information users.
- Ensuring standards are in line with legislation and regulations.
- Experience with governance tools such as data dictionaries, data catalogues and business glossaries.
- Understanding and experience in modernising approaches to document and records management.
- Experience using information systems such as TRIM and O365.
- Some level of experience in supporting business intelligence and analytics teams.
Robert Walters Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.