Senior Cyber Security Analyst - Incident Response
Location Brisbane CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Aaron Burnett
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-02-08 it Brisbane CBD Queensland AU 4000 AUD 80 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
You will be working with a motivated team tasked with shaping and building a new Cyber Security Operations Centre. You will have the opportunity to influence the growth and direction of the services provided.
- Act as the escalation point and Level 3 incident response expert for cyber security incidents identified by the level 1 and 2 Security Analysts, external manage security service providers or the internal IT Service Desk.
- Provide coordination and guidance during confirmed cyber security incidents.
- Produce detailed incident reports outlining the circumstances around the event as well as post incident investigations.
- Manage the continuous monitoring, detection, and analysis of potential intrusions in real time and through historical trending on security relevant data sources.
- Conduct vulnerability scans and recognise vulnerabilities in security systems. Coordinate the remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the review and update of the Standard Operating Procedures and playlist catalogues.
- Provide expert knowledge and mentoring in relation to the predicting, preventing, detecting and responding to cyber security threats, as well as assisting in the design operation of the core technologies used by the Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) team.
- Significant experience in large enterprise environments, with experience working in a Cyber Security threat management, SOC or Level 3 Security Analyst position.
- Experience leading cyber incident response engagements (either in-house or as a consultant).
- Lateral thinker with a systematic approach to troubleshooting and analysis of cyber security incidents and threats.
- An understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including, firewall functionality, routing, encryption, host and network intrusion detection systems, load balancing, and other network protocols.
- An understanding of the current threat landscape, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security.
- An understanding of attacker tactics, techniques and procedures and the cyber kill chain.
- Experience in utilising tools such as but not limited to debuggers, anomaly detectors, file analysers, network protocol analysers.
- Be able to complete post mortem analysis of network logs, traffic flows and other activities to identify malicious activity on a network.
- The ability to analyse and reverse engineer various file types including providing dynamic and static analysis of malware artefacts and binaries as well as other malicious attack files.
- A good understanding of ISO 27K standards.
To apply please click apply or call Aaron Burnett on +61 7 30322213 for a confidential discussion.