DBA Team Lead
Salary AUD130 - AUD140000 per annum + Super
Location Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Consultant Gabbi Martin
Date posted 11 October 2016
One of the big four banks is seeking a DBA Team Lead. This role will be taking on a large portfolio so the desired candidate ideally needs to have previous experience at a team lead capacity. This candidate needs to be very proactive and have a strong sense of ownership to be successful in this position. As well as being highly collaborative with the ability to build relationships with team members, leaders and partners.
- Responsible for providing effective support and recommendations on delivering sustainable database services to the business.
- Provide operation governance and deliver cost efficient and reliable IT services
- Liaising with other areas of the business on database strategy
- Working collaboratively with DB specialist and platform managers
- Responsible for providing both technical leadership and people management to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Relevant technical certifications such as MSDBA, MCSE etc. desirable
- Ten+ years relevant IT industry experience with at least five years in a highly technical role
- Five+ years’ experience in an enterprise-level complex IT infrastructure environment incorporating
- Three+ years’ people management experience on leading a technical team delivering day-to-day database operations and projects
- An understanding of financial services operating environment and core applications and products desirable
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft SQL-server technologies stack including SSDB, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and High-availability from the versions of SQL-2005, SQL-2008R2, SQL2012 to SQL-2014.
- Hands-on experience on enterprise-level change management, framework knowledge is highly desirable.
- Advanced technical analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting and consultative skills
- Intermediate knowledge on other DBMS and Wintel server infrastructure
- Broad technical understanding on overall database technologies & Wintel infrastructure knowledge including operating system administration, Active Directory, Firewall, EMC disk storage and virtualization.
To apply please click apply or call Gabbi Martin on +61 2 8289 3193 for a confidential discussion.