Big Data Architect
Salary AUD150,000 - AUD180,000 per annum
Location North SydneyFULL_TIME
Consultant Camille Vachon
Date posted 23 November 2018 2018-11-232018-12-23 it 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Big Data Designer in the Cyber-security industry. Permanent and North Sydney based, the Big Data Designer will be working with cutting edge technologies to provide the most innovative and creative big data solutions on Hadoop platforms. A passion for all things data in as absolute must as well as a strong interest for Cyber-security.
- Provide design input into further developing the employer's principal advanced security platforms and offerings.
- Up skill team members in the domain of Big Data platforms and development.
- Act as a thought leader and provide input on Big Data architecture and design across the business.
- Provide input into data management design.
- Run customer workshops
- Constant maintenance of Hadoop knowledge, data handling technique, cyber telemetry, intelligence platforms, log feeds and emerging technologies
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
- Deep understanding of the various open source projects that constitute a comprehensive big data platform.
- Extensive experience with supporting large production Hadoop platforms - not only end using
- Commercial use of Spark and a great understanding of its functionality
- Experience with the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Experience designing, creating, optimising and troubleshooting batch ETL processes.
- Experience building and supporting high velocity streaming ingestion frameworks.
- Experience with SQL-based datastores (experience with NoSQL is a bonus)
- The ability to architect and design both streaming and batch use cases in a big data platform.
- Knowledge of security and cyber telemetry, log feeds and intelligence platforms is a plus
To apply please click apply or call Camille Vachon on +61 2 82893158 for a confidential discussion.