Azure Data Engineer
Consultant Zak Hadfield
Job Ref 1705500/001
Date posted 10 June 2022brisbane information-technology/design-and-architecture 2022-06-10 2022-07-10 it Brisbane Queensland CBD AU 4000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Azure Data Engineer role specialises in the Business Intelligence space and will work as a subject matter expert to support our Azure Data Platform (including Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks) by developing and designing use cases to be delivered on the platform to meet business requirements.
- Design and develop use cases to be delivered on the Azure Data Platform. This will include data ingestion processes, orchestration, storage, curation and data model development using Azure Data Suite components.
- Collaborate and work with team members and partners to ensure clear definitions and agreement on requirements.
- Provide technical advice across the BI and Azure Data Platform landscape.
- Reverse engineer data models into BI aligned data models.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Azure data platform technology stack (Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Power BI).
- Extensive data warehouse development experience.
- Previous experience in modern data platforms and experience in integrating with legacy systems into the data platforms.
- Understanding of Conceptual, Logical and Physical data modelling, including the ability reverse engineer data models into BI aligned data models.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Work with autonomy whilst collaborating with the broader team as needed.
- The ability work through business requirements, understanding of business needs and drivers and the ability to advise on the best course of action.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships and consult with stakeholder groups to enable gathering and analysis of requirements to meet business needs.
- Data modelling experience along with Dimensional and Tabular data architecture and modelling.
- Experience Azure Platform knowledge on Azure, Power BI, SQL Server, the Microsoft BI and hybrid/cloud stack and offerings.
- Experience in Business Intelligence design and implementation using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS).
- Experience in SQL Server and Azure SQL.
- Experience in design and development of ETL workflows and data mapping.
- Azure Databricks and Azure Data Factory experience desirable.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Zak Hadfield on 07 3032 2212 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: AUD850 - AUD900 per day + SuperLocation: Brisbane CBDDate posted: 30 June 2022
A large not for profit based in Brisbane's CBD are seeking a Systems Analyst to join on a 12 month contract initially. This role will work within a team to support the delivery of a new cloud application.