Network Security Engineer
Salary AUD600 - AUD660 per day + Including super
Location Southern Sydney
Consultant Gabbi Martin
Date posted 5 October 2016
One of the big four banks is currently looking for a network security engineer to join and grow their team for an inital six month contract. The Network Security Engineer works as part of Group Technology to design build and maintain the Network Security Services used by the business and its customers. The right candidate will be able to work in a team, work independently and proactively as needed to identify problems and find solutions. This role has high stakeholder management so communication skills are imperative.
- Design and specification of network solutions to meet the requirements of business while adhering to group standards.
- Installation and configuration or hardware, systems and software
- Management of network and security performance by monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting and continuous improvement so as to optimise performance.
- Documentation of network problems and resolution for future reference
- Management of network system backup and restore services
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Provide input into the planning of future infrastructure requirements, assess existing infrastructure, conduct all aspects of capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning of specific infrastructure components and liaise with third parties/external support vendors for infrastructure maintenance and upgrades to ensure the stability and availability of technology infrastructure services to the business
- Maintains job knowledge by undertaking courses, studying vendor material
- Five years’ experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment incorporating planning, implementation, operational management, configuration and maintenance
- Advanced analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting and consultative skills
- An understanding of a financial services operating environment and core applications and products desirable
- Experience in Juniper (Netscreen and SRX)
- Has maintained the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) certification
- Advanced Skills in networking, routing, switching
- Experience across Cisco and F5 is an extreme advantage
- Follows the ITL framework
To apply please click apply or call Gabbi Martin on +61 2 8289 3193 for a confidential discussion.