Voice Networks Engineer - Unified Communications
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Rahini Haran
JobRef IOV UC Engineer
Date posted 11 October 2016
A leading Government organisation are looking for a Voice Network Engineer to contribute to a large scale UC infrastructure upgrade project.
In line with upcoming upgrades to voice networks infrastructure, this Government Client is seeking a Unified Communications/Voice Network Engineer to manage the functionality and effectiveness of this business critical UC systems.
The successful candidate will have a strong focus on SIP and IP Voice technologies within core network environments, and experience in end to end delivery; from design and implementation to testing, documentation, compliance and operational support.
The environment is heavily based on Cisco IP Voice technologies and currently includes UCCE, Call Manager and Unity services in addition to a voice/video streaming technologies.
- Analyse and translate business requirements into Technical Designs
- Manage the low level design and implementation of new Unified Communications solutions
- Produce and action Test Plans and Test Specifications required for the effective solution delivery
- Provide 3rd Level support and function as the highest point of escalation to Operations for issues across VoIP platforms including Session Controllers, SIP interconnecting networks, and various Cisco UC technologies
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders and vendors across the Department to ensure effective delivery of voice solutions
- At least 5 years experience within the IT industry, with a strong technical knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications and Voice solutions, including
- SIP interconnect guidelines
- Voice streaming technologies (PABX)
- Video streaming technologies (Polycom, Cisco Video Conferencing)
- Cisco UCCX/E, CUCM, Unity and Call Manager etc
- Demonstrable experience of configuring and managing one, or more, of the above systems in a Government Environment
- Proven ability to lead projects with an excellent eye for detail and strong communication skills to manage internal, and external, stakeholders
To apply please click apply or call Rahini Haran on +61 2 8289 3165 for a confidential discussion.