Network Security Engineer
Consultant Rahini Haran
Date posted 3 November 2016
Urgent 3 month contract requiring an ASAP start for a network security operations engineer to deliver a firewall upgrade in a virtualised environment.
Due to an urgent security project, this large Government client is looking for a network security engineer to deliver a firewall upgrade and contribute to ongoing BAU operations of their network environment.
The successful network security engineer will be responsible for a firewall migration from Cisco Pix to McAfee sidewinder and for troubleshooting support of network data and security infrastructure (Cisco routers/switches and wireless solutions).
This position is based in Wollongong and requires an ASAP start for a 3 month engagement.
- Support implementation and configuration of a new firewall solution (Cisco and McAfee firewalls)
- Providing level 2 & 3 technical support for network users across Cisco switches, routers and wireless access points in LAN/WAN environments (Cisco suite; Pix and ASA firewalls, ASR routers, ISE/ACE, Meraki etc)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues via remote access
- Test devices to identify faults and ensure all services are operating correctly
- Coordinate with clients and vendors to resolve faults
- Create and maintain procedural documentation and reports
- Previous experience providing level 2/3 network support and implementation in LAN/WAN environments
- Strong experience with Cisco routing and switching appliances (ASR)
- Exposure to Cloud network solutions technologies (Cisco ISE/ACE, Cisco Meraki)
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP
- Demonstrated knowledge of security firewalls (Cisco Pix, McAfee Sidewinder)
- CCNP certifications in routing/switching (highly preferred)
- Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity for a network security engineer to jump into a strong networks team supporting a critical public sector customer and gain exposure to new technologies in the Cisco suite.
To apply please click apply or call Rahini Haran on +61 2 8289 3165 for a confidential discussion.