Location North Shore
Consultant Rebecca Martin
Date posted 16 November 2016
An exciting permanent opportunity for a Backup Specialist to join a household name in Australia and New Zealand.
As the Backup Specialist you will be primarily responsible for all backup and recovery administration across their 45 sites in Australia and New Zealand. You will also be required to manage 550+ windows servers.
Working as part of the infrastructure team you will play a key part in driving technology forward. You will be hands on and allowed to introduce and suggest new ideas of technology you have tested in the lab.
In this role you will not be just a number but a highly valued member of the wider IT team. You will work with like minded individuals in a fun working environment ensuring an emphasis is on excellent customer service to their internal users.
In return this global company offers excellent flexibility, the opportunity to make the role your own and opportunity to participate in project related activities.
As the Backup Specialist you will be:
- Responsible for all back up and recovery across 40 + sites in ANZ
- Make sure checks run smoothly
- Investigate why tapes failed and re- run
- Restore files and mange tape rotation
- Manage Exchange backups
- Provide phone support to multiple sites
- Drive technology change with upgrades and modifications
- Responsible for storage and windows servers 2000-2012 R2
As the Backup Specialist you will have:
- Strong experience with Backup Exec
- Strong customer service skills
- Previous experience managing multiple sites
- Windows server and storage experience
To apply please click apply or call Rebecca Martin on 02 8423 1022 for a confidential discussion.